This morning I was up and at the stake youth activity by 8 AM. First President Wagner spoke about being steadfast and immovable in all we do. Then half of us cleaned the outside lunch tables at Sunrise Mountain High School and the other half went into the computer lab and did indexing. After an hour, we switched. They figured during that time, the kids indexed over 3500 names, which is incredible! The last part of the day was lunch--sub sandwiches. After the activity was over, I stopped by Fry's then came home. Then we all headed over to the resort and went swimming. The water was still so cold! Ahh! The breeze sure didn't help either! After some time in the pool, we left and grabbed McDonald's for a very late lunch.
Tonight Brian had to help out with the Relay for Life as part of his duties in Kiwanis Club. So the girls and I hung out at home. My parents came over and hung out for a bit. The girls loved it. My mom helped me make some treats and Ellie kept wanting to sneak some bites and after she had quite a few, we told her she couldn't have any more. Then she put it up to her lips and said, "I just teasin'." Then she said to my mom (who had chocolate all over her fingers from making the treat), "Can I lick your fingers Grandma?" (Which, of course, she got to do)
So...I heard the news that two new temples will be built in Arizona...one in Gilbert and one in Gila Valley. We are a little shocked and disappointed as neither help us out at all as far as travel time, but what can you do? Maybe that means one will come out here soon! It is still exciting news.
Oh yeah...and happy birthday to my good friend Rachel! The little sewing project that I did last week was an apron I made for her present. My mom walked me through it, thank goodness as the pattern was way more complicated than expected. Here is a little picture of me trying it on before giving it to her. (OK--I can't access the other computer with the picture, so I'll add it later!)
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Erin,
It was great to see you at the Service Project on Saturday! It really was fun...even the cleaning part! The turn out was pretty impressive. Our Youth are great, aren't they?!
I was so happy to hear about the two new Temples too...don't worry we'll get one on this side of town soon!!! I know it's sure to come anytime.
Tell your family hi for me. Talk to ya later.
Janae
Post a Comment