Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Past Three Days



Let's see...
Monday--
just a normal day...I can't think remember what we did.

Tuesday...
Libby and Ellie had a little play date at Karolyn's with Sadie and Carson. I made use of Hattie's too short 1-hour nap and did some work, then we went to Fry's. That was the calm part of the day. In the early afternoon, I put Ellie and Hattie down for early naps, Eliza had piano, then after we picked her up, we zipped over to Sunrise Mtn. and watched one of my laurels who is new in our ward play in her softball game. It was a little hectic with all 4 girls, but we survived! I brought some treats from home and when those were gone, thank goodness for the little snack bar...I bought round two, which kept them pretty entertained until the game was over. I don't think we'll be allowed back though for all the snacks that were dropped on the ground and all the water spilled, too. But we had a good time and they won!





I also had volleyball last night--it was fun and being next to Kari was fun as she is a good setter and I got to do some hitting.

Today while Libby had preschool, I had to apply some tough love for Hattie's nap. She finally got to sleep and slept pretty well. Ellie napped well this afternoon, too, and right when she went to sleep, Libby went into her room and seriously played by herself for at least an hour. I didn't want to bother her, so I left her alone. It was great. Later I asked what she was playing and she played "school." And tonight while she was in bed trying to fall asleep, I heard her sounding out words. That is her new hobby.

Today was a set back for potty training somehow. Three accidents in all. She had been doing great, but today for whatever reason, she didn't do so hot. I am so bummed! I hope it's just a one day thing and she is back on board tomorrow. Ugh. Note: I just ate one of those Dove chocolates, and my little thought inside the foil wrapper was this: "Don't think about it so much." Ha ha! I'd better take note!

Tonight was mutual and our class was in charge of the activity. We did a video scavenger hunt which turned out to be such a great time! The girls were divided into groups and each group had a leader as a driver. We had a list of various things they could do that were worth certain amounts of points...the easier the "activity" the less points...more daring got you more points. So having one group member jumping in a pool with her clothes on and swimming a lap got you more points than making a human pyramid in public. We divided the girls up beforehand and split up those who always hang out together so they could get to know someone new. There was some grumbling at first, but I think it turned out okay. We met back at the church, declared a winning group, I had the girls relate the activity to the gospel or tell something they learned, we watched the videos, then had refreshments. Way fun.

No comments: