After Becky's we came home and I put Hattie down for a nap soon followed by Ellie. She fought it a little bit, but I didn't give in and she ended up falling asleep. Yay. When Eliza got home from school, the other three girls who ride home with her stayed for a play date. We first had popsicles--chocolate ones. The little puddles of chocolate on the back porch totally give that away! They played outside for a bit, then they totally loved me when I broke out the art supplies.

Karolyn--I know the picture is blurry, but I know you are jealous it wasn't at your house because I know how much you love to get out all the little art things. They were having so much fun I was tempted to open up the 1000 piece set of fun foam shapes. LOL. They each made a card for their moms. After they finished that and got it cleaned up, we loaded up and dropped everyone off, then it was off to Eliza's piano lesson--her first one with her new teacher. The teacher she had before is graduating from college and she'll be starting work as a nurse (I will be living vicariously through her as I would love that job!), but she won't be able to teach piano anymore. We ended up finding a teacher who lives close by, so it is going to work out nicely. Her first lesson went well. She said I could come to the first lesson because she introduced herself and went over expectations. Since I was already there, I just stayed through the lesson. I was totally laughing to myself at her lesson at just how cute Eliza is around other people. She was so chatty and comfortable talking and laughing.
We grabbed Paradise Bakery on the way home for dinner and ate when we got home. We did some cleaning up outside and then it was baths and bed. Brian did a couple errands with Libby and Eliza stayed home with me and watched me work with the girl I photographed last weekend as we made her graduation announcements.
Here is a funny picture of Hattie enjoying a Paradise Bakery cookie.

And another funny...you know you've been potty training too long when...
--you tell all your other girls to "keep your panties dry!" I've accidentally told that to Eliza and Libby--we get a good laugh out of it. And I've told that to Hattie when I put her down for a nap. :)
--or when you catch yourself almost yelling "Stay dry!" to your fellow volleyball teammates on the court! Oops!


2 comments:
I am hyperventilating just looking at the picture of craaaaaaaaaaaafts, oh my. . .potty training kills me, I am still working on getting in the pool beyond the first step!
The potty training story made me laugh outloud. That would be so embarrassing to say in public to someone (an adult!!)...Maybe you could say it to the grocery checker when you leave the store next time!! You're brave to give the girls free reign with art supplies!!! And with a puzzle on the table, to boot!
Post a Comment