Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Past 2 Days

Monday started early with a 7:30 AM doctor appointment/annual exam for me. What a way to start out my Monday! I hurried home and Brian and Eliza and Libby left for school. The day was pretty normal--I stayed right with Ellie all day and she did well. Maybe the past few days were her last ditch effort for me to give up. She did really well today, too. Knock on wood. We played a little out front, but it's starting to heat up. And with Hattie awake, it makes it hard since she (still) isn't totally walking everywhere yet. After Brian got home we ate dinner and had family home evening. We talked about controlling our tempers and what to do if someone starts making us upset. I put some water in a pan and had each of them touch it (which of course they did), then I put it on the stove and turned on the heat. While it was getting hot, I talked about some scripture stories about people who could have reacted mean/mad to things that were done to them but didn't. After the water boiled, I asked if they would touch it. Then I related it to when we start getting upset we can become like the water and might do something to hurt someone (even if it's just their feelings). Then we brainstormed ideas for what to do if we feel ourselves starting to get upset.

After home evening, Eliza, Libby and I did a couple of errands--one being to Sprouts to stock up on chicken that now I need to bottle.

Today I did some things in Hattie's room. It's only a year late, but I finally got some things up on her wall! I was so proud of myself! I need to add a couple more things, but at least her room has a little character now.

Tonight I had volleyball and Brian had his league basketball game. We started out with only three people, so we lost our first game but won all the rest. By our third game we had 4 and by our last game we had 5 people. I had a good time.

In young women news, Becky just sent me a new roster and we are up to 49 girls in our young women's group. Wow!! We have doubled our numbers since I got put in almost two years ago. I really do enjoy my calling, and I have learned a LOT--especially the past few weeks! Of course those learning "experiences" aren't fun when you are going through them or when people totally criticize you, but I hope I can look back and laugh soon. :)

No comments: