
I thought we had a third one down with strep. Libby started with a little fever last night and when she woke up this morning she still had a fever. I kept her home and took her in to the dr., since I figured her chances were good to get strep. When she was still in bed this morning, I told her that she would have to stay home....big tears welled up in her eyes and she started crying. She doesn't not like having to miss school. It was so sad. A while later, she said, "Do you think they've lined up yet?" She really misses it when she is not there.
We got an appt. right away, so I took her in and she had a throat culture. I was wondering how she would react to that if she'd even easily let them get it. She was kind of in shock--wondering what they were doing trying to gag her. She grabbed the nurse's hand and pulled it out. So I had to hold her hands while she got it. She started laughing after it was over. It came back negative, so it's just a viral something. Today has been rest and rest so hopefully she can go back to school tomorrow. We didn't really do much else since it was too cold and wet to go outside. We did pick Eliza up from school, but other than that it was movies and laying on the couch for Libby, playing for Ellie and Hattie and vacuuming and laundry and tending Libby for me. When Brian came home, he braved the cold and grilled some steaks. Yum! I made potatoes and corn and it was a great meal--everyone loved it. We have some meat lovers in our family!
We had a fairly quick family home evening so we could get everyone to bed early. Libby was so excited to get a new copy of The Friend in the mail. She (and Eliza) love that magazine. She has already read most of it. It's just cute to see them get so excited about it!
And I just saw this...mmmm...I can't wait to try one.


1 comment:
We could go on Wed. while the bread is cooling!
Post a Comment