Friday, February 20, 2009

Libby's Field Trip

I didn't realize I was so behind. On Wednesday morning, we ran, then after the girls went to school, we dropped the other two off with Brian's mom while we got our taxes done. It's always a good tax day when you don't have to pay! So we were glad about that. The rest of the day was just the usual.

On Thursday, Kari was nice enough to watch my girls while I went with Libby on her field trip. I got to her school around 10 and went to her classroom. She was excited to see me. We got our group of student we were in charge of, then got on the bus. It was Libby's first time on a school bus. She seemed to like the experience. It is funny to see how she interacts with the other kids. She was very quiet, but I do think it was because I was there. I was her security blanket. I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch her when I am not around! We went to Cactus to see the Childsplay production--Ferdinand the Bull. It was a cute little play--lots of funny parts, too, and some that only the parents would get. Libby enjoyed it. We got back to the school and ate our lunches on the playground, then I headed back to Kari's. That night I had to go back to Karlee's to use her machine--mine broke making Jodi's apron! I think it was too thick. Her bridal shower tomorrow and I made some dishtowels--kind of how I do the burp cloths. But I took three white dishtowels and added cute fabric to match her kitchen colors. Then I also took a white apron from Wal-Mart and dressed it up with fabric. I got a little technical help, but I think it turned out so cute! I had Eliza model it for a picture--and before I took it, she said, "You're not getting my face are you?"


This morning Kari and I hiked, then came home for the morning routine. After the school girls were off, I cleaned. I had been putting it off, so I decided to plow through. I was glad to get some things done around the house. This afternoon went pretty smoothly. Brian came home a little early and we rode with the Headricks to the temple for our ward temple night. We had a good time and had some Cafe Rio after. Yum! Brian thinks I need an IV drip of that dressing. It's the best.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Eliza sounds just like her mom!