On Friday after I picked the girls up from school, we came home, had lunch, cleaned up around the house and packed up to go up North. Brian got home around three and we headed off to his parents' cabin in Munds Park. His dad rode with us on the way. The girls did really well on the way up, so that was nice. We got there a little before five and got out of the car and froze! We made our way into the house--the snow was piled so high, we had to park across the street and walk around to the back door. When we stepped, our feet sunk through and the snow was up to almost to our knees. We got in and got our stuff in. Brian's dad got the fire going in the stove to warm things up. I keep waiting for the heater in the house to be turned on, but it wasn't. I was like--ummm...we have to heat these rooms up. So finally Brian convinced his dad to turn the heat on long enough to heat up the rooms so our girls (and us) wouldn't freeze. They were walking around shivering with their noses running. Once things got warmed up it was much better. Chrystalyn and her kids showed up a little later. I made Ramen for the kids and Brian and I had soup that we had gotten at Costco. Yum! That night we sat around and talked for a bit, had some lemon cake and went to bed. Hattie had a rough time! We put her down and I had to go back in a couple of times to get her to lay down. About an hour after we thought she was sleeping, she woke up! And I don't think she went to bed until after 11. We tried putting Libby in there and Libby fell asleep, but Hattie was still awake. Brian went in there for a bit and figured out why Hattie wouldn't sleep. Libby would snore every so often and Hattie would laugh! Once she went to sleep, she did well. I slept in the other room with Ellie and Eliza. Ellie was restless, so it was less than desirable night, but we survived!



This morning we got up around 7 and had breakfast. The kids played together and I played Monopoly Express with Chrystalyn and Sara. Around 9, we layered up and headed out to the snow. We played out back and front for a bit. The kids had fun throwing snow at each other and making snow angels. Then we got in the car and searched for a hill to go sledding. We found one right in Munds Park. All the kids had fun! Brian took Ellie down crying and she decided she didn't like it! I think it was the face full of snow they got at the bottom. Eliza went down a ton and had a blast. She was cruising down the hill! I convinced Libby to go down starting a little lower on the hill so we didn't go so fast. She still said she didn't like it. My favorite run was on my stomach. I had to reach out and stop myself so I didn't run into the tree.











After sledding we came back to the cabin and Brian, his dad and the kids built a snowman. I went inside with Ellie and Hattie and made sandwiches for lunch. Eventually we got everyone out of their snow clothes and had lunch. Then they wanted hot cocoa to warm up a bit. Yum. We played games in the afternoon and the kids played together. Overall, we had a great time.

I had to get a picture of this tree that is right in front of the cabin. As I was looking at it, it's like lots of eyes looking at you! So weird.
1 comment:
What a fun weekend!! We love taking the boys to play in the snow. I love the picture of the "eye tree"
Post a Comment