
Yesterday Hattie slipped off her chair at lunch and cut her lip--inside and out. It was bleeding immediately, so I cleaned her off to try to assess the damage. I wasn't sure if she bit through or if she needed stitches or what. It stopped bleeding pretty quickly and it looked like she has bit the inside with her bottom teeth and bit the outside with her top teeth. I tried calling my pediatrician neighbor, but he was at work, so I just called into the office. The doctor said to just leave it. She has been fine and hasn't complained much about it except when she accidentally bumps it. It's pretty messed up inside and bruised, not to mention a huge fat lip, poor girl.
Then today Ellie started having a fever. She has still wanted to play, but it has fluctuated quite a bit. She is sleeping now, but it's still high! Hopefully she can sleep it off.


No comments:
Post a Comment