This morning I took Ellie in to the doctor. One look at her throat and he figured she had strep. It was pretty bad. I hadn't thought to look at it before though. Bad me. It makes sense now--last night she was saying her chest hurt, so I figured it was probably congestion or something. It must have been her throat. So they did a culture (she didn't like it!), but it came back negative. On my way home from the doctor, I got a call from Eliza's school and she was in the nurses' office with a sore throat and slight fever! So I zoomed over to pick her up, so I was nurse to Eliza and Ellie today. They both rested on the couch and watched Annie Get Your Gun. I called the doctor back to see if I should bring Eliza in, too, just in case and he wanted me to. So we went in with her and she was positive for strep! So he gave her an Rx for antibiotics and he looked at Ellie's throat again and gave her one, too. So it's been a busy day!
This evening I went to a baby shower for a friend who is having her first girl. Those are always so fun.
I am crossing my fingers that no one else gets sick!
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment