Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bread

Yesterday Hattie was up bright and early at 6. Ugh. We were up and ready pretty early to say the least! It was bread day. Eliza and Libby enjoyed helping since they are usually at school. I love the smell of my house after making bread. Yum! I enjoyed getting to use my new birthday gifts to make the bread. I think all I need now are Ove Gloves (and a wheat grinder, but that will have to be saved up for).

In the afternoon we met some other moms and kids at the pool for swimming and pizza. The water felt great and Eliza and Libby loved the two waterslides they have there. After eating pizza there for dinner, we came home and I put the two little ones down for bed, then Abbie came over to babysit while I went to volleyball. We won all our games for the night. It was fun. They'll be continuing with open play, but I'm not sure how much longer I can really play. Eliza and Libby were both sleeping when I got home, so that was worth the sitter right there!

Today Hattie let me sleep in until 6:15. Ha! Eliza was the late sleeper today, getting up at 7:30. She was so sweet--when she got up she said, "Mom, I'll take care of the girls and you go back to bed." So I did--well, kind of--with one ear open to what was going on. But she kept Hattie entertained for a while and Libby and Ellie were coloring. After we were up and ready and the girls had their morning tasks checked off (they are still loving that), we headed over to Karolyn's for a bread-making session. I NEVER thought that I would ever be teaching someone else how to make bread, but it happened. I thought it went well and we had delicious bread in the end. Karolyn had made some super yummy honey butter and we put that on a warm piece of bread. DIVINE!!! And it's so easy to make.

3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl mix butter and honey until smooth. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. We added about a teaspoon of cinnamon for even sweeter flavor.

After bread, we came home, Hattie napped while the girls had quiet time. I got Libby to come read the new Friend next to me while I read the June Ensign. It has great articles that I have loved already. I loved the one called "The Refined Heavenly Home" or something like that. It's not online yet or I would link to it. It was great. This afternoon we met Kari and her kids at the pool again. This time--it was totally overcast and cold! We lasted about an hour, then went back to Kari's. The kids played while we (mostly Kari) made dinner--homemade pizza and the most tempting/yummy breadsticks ever. We tried to limit ourselves to just a couple. LOL. It was fun for the kids to play and us to visit.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Oh, wow, that honey butter sounds sooo good! Yum, thanks!