
And just a few pictures from the past couple weeks. I think Eliza found the camera and took a few.





My grandpa made Hattie a new prayer rug to match her room. She loves it.
Today was a nice Mother's Day. Eliza and Libby have been planning some things for a while. They asked my mom to help them with a "project" for me, so they went over there on Friday night and worked on it for hours. My morning started out with breakfast in bed. I got toaster streudels. While my girls were with my mom on Friday night, they picked some up at the store. I guess they had asked her what I liked and she remembered that was one of my favorites growing up. Anytime it was my birthday, my dad would always make me streudels for breakfast in bed. It was fun to have those. But everyone came in with breakfast and wished me a happy mother's day. Eliza had made me a cute paper crown that I got to wear while eating. While eating, I opened my gifts. Eliza and Libby made the most creative bag. They taped together about 4 or 5 scrapbook papers and put one on the bottom and used ribbon for the handles. It was such a great idea. From Brian I got one of those fun musical cards that also had a recorded message from the girls: "We love you, Mom!" Inside was a gift card to get a pedicure. I can't wait! Eliza gave me a cute note she had made at school. Then I got to the "projects" they had worked on. Each had made a little mini album. I guess my mom only cut the paper and they did all the rest. There were some pictures of them in each book and it was filled with cute paper they had picked out along with very cute stickers. They were so pleased with their work and it was darling. It means a lot that it was their idea and their work.







After those festivities, we hurried and got ready for church. Church went well. We had several youth speakers talk about mothers and the primary children sang. Eliza was the only one who went up. Libby wouldn't and Ellie wouldn't either! Stinker! The moms got a big candy bar at the end of sacrament meeting. Sunday school went well. I really do enjoy teaching again and I enjoy the kids in the class. Chelsea gave a great lesson in relief society about being courageous even amidst adversity.
After church we did the typical things--tidy up from the morning tornado and eat lunch. I did get to lay down for a little nap before leaving to visit Brian's mom to wish her a happy mother's day. Then we were home again making dinner and my parents came over to enjoy the meal. Then we played for a bit before eating some no bake cookies that I hurried and made. Overall it was a great day. I tried really hard this year not to have too high of expectations for Mother's day because when I do, the day turns out to be a let down. I used to think it should be a day where I am free from doing anything. I should be pampered and the kids should not argue or give me any trouble all day! But today, I just decided I would get what I would get. I knew the kids would probably have some disagreements because they are well, kids, and I knew that I would still have to do some things to keep the house running smoothly. And guess what...with those "expectations" I had a better day!
And here are some pictures of that darling book my mom made for me for Mother's Day.






2 comments:
I hadn't seen what Eliza wrote in the book. Where did she learn the "I love you to my heart"? Did she hear that from you? You know that was part of Grandma's favorite little ditty to say to all of us...Interesting.
Happy Mother's Day!! Ok, so where do I sign up for the prayer rugs? Those are sooo darling! Great idea. I see an idea for birthday presents....
Post a Comment