Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving Rooms

This morning Kari and I walked in her neighborhood. We don't like that it's getting warmer and warmer!! Kari watched my girls later in the morning so I could go for my yearly dermatologist appointment. With a family history of skin cancer, I like to just be safe. She did find one that looked a little different than the others. Although she said she wasn't too concerned that it would turn out to be anything, bad, just because it didn't look like any of the others, she thought it best to remove it. It was on the back of my right calf and so small--like if I ever would have noticed it, I would have thought it was a freckle. It took no time at all for the numbing shot and removal, and other then some burning here and there it hasn't really bothered me today. But this is your reminder to go to the dermatologist and get an exam every year--just to be safe!

I stopped by Karlee's this afternoon to get some fabric and to get a couple zipper bags for teacher gifts for the end of the year. I plan to fill them with some fun things: tissues, chapstick, mints, gum and probably a little gift card to somewhere fun.

After school, I started the arduous task of going through the baby clothes. From there, it turned into a huge avalanche. First off, that task was a bear. But I got through it--getting rid of any clothes that I have seen just way too much with baby girls. While I was doing that, Eliza begged to switch rooms. Brian and I have been throwing around the idea of switching around the girls to different rooms to change up the dynamics around here. Eliza and Libby are like oil and water, so we thought maybe if they weren't in the same room, things might be better. Before I knew it, we were moving clothes and belongings all around. It took forever and it was one of those jobs that gets way worse before it gets better. But, happily, we were able to finish and I hope it'll be a good change. Libby and Ellie are together and Eliza is in where Ellie was. Hattie will join her pretty soon and they'll be roommates. After that task was done, I took Eliza and Libby to Target and Kohls trying to find Libby some new shorts. She had like three pairs she would rotate through. We were able to find her four pair. Now if she would just find a different skirt or dress to wear to church!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Would she wear a skirt if she chose the fabric and I made it for her? Or if she picked out one already made that she likes?

Kristen said...

I just have to tell you that I have been absent in the blog world lately but I found out you are having your 5th girl and all I could do was laugh. We really do have the same pattern don't we? My theory is that if you make something so cute then why change it? I know I have handsome boys and I think your girls are beautiful, I think it is funny though that we both have 5 of the same brand!