Hattie let me sleep until 6:45 today. After we got our morning stuff done, we headed to the library. We caught a little bit of story/singing time, then my girls got some books and we got the tracking sheet thing for the summer reading program. I wish they had as good of "rewards" like when I was young. I remember getting coupons to food places and fun things like that. Now they give out "sticky hands" or "bouncy balls." What's up with that...a rip off! They had fun getting books though and they read them throughout the day.
My visiting teachers came over today, then my nieces came over to play with my girls. I was able to sneak out and do some errands. I had to get some paper for a layout I have to do for the family reunion coming up. Then I stopped by the site of where the newest temple will be in Phoenix. I gathered up some dirt and rocks (hope that is legal) for my Sunday school class this week. Our lesson is about temples, so I thought I would give them a little of it and have some cute message/goal to go with it. I stopped by Deseret Book and spent too much. I wanted to get Eliza a book or something to start preparing her for baptism. It's not until January, but if I wait, I'll get wrapped up with a new baby and holidays and it'll be here before I know it. So I found a couple that I thought would be good. I wish they had the one I had when I was 7. I still remember doing it. I also treated myself to a new book called Walking into a Hug: 52 Weeks to a Home That's More Embracing. It has a challenge each week to make your home better. It looked really good. I'll have to report how it goes! I also stopped at Wal-Mart for a couple items then came home. We hurried and ate dinner, then went to my in-laws for swimming and cupcakes for Luke's birthday. Eliza and Libby stayed behind for a girl cousins' sleepover and I took Hattie and Ellie home. Ellie was sad earlier in the day when E and L were packing, but I told her we'd get an ice cream cone on the way home. So we stopped at McDonalds for those tiny kid ice cream cones and they were free! What a treat. Now I'm just trying to get things cleaned up and ready for tomorrow!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Let me know if you recommend the book! It's on my list.
Post a Comment