Today we tried to get to church a few minutes earlier than normal since it was Tanner's homecoming from his mission in Thailand. We were lucky enough to get a soft seat. Sacrament was great...two youth speakers, a special musical number "And If It So Be that Ye Should Labor" by two of the youth, and then Tanner. It was great to hear him report on his mission. We have missed him!
During our regular Sunday school time, we had a joint RS/Priesthood meeting. Our ward mission leader was in charge and he showed the greatest video. It was the conversion stories/testimonies of several converts in our ward. It was so inspiring to watch and makes you want to open your mouth and teach others about the gospel. So the third hour, I taught my Sunday school lesson. It was about the Kirtland temple. It was a little harder in that there was a lot of information but we got through.
After church we went over to the Davis'. They had invited us over for lunch and to visit. We had a great time over there and the girls had fun playing with the other kids.
Today we just hung out at home, then I started making dinner. After dinner, I asked Brian, "Now, what will I make for dessert?" I ended up making spicy bars--his absolute favorite. I think I have made them once or twice since we have been married. His mom usually makes them and when I have, they just don't turn out the same. I told him I would make them if he promised not to compare! They turned out good though and everyone enjoyed them.
Here's to a new week of summer!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment