Sunday we got up and ready for church and made it on time--even got a soft seat. We had three baby blessings, so that made it nice in that it went quickly after those were over and the sacrament. We didn't even have to go out once. It was great. My lesson went well in Sunday school. I did an object lesson to teach about the law of consecration. Hopefully it made sense and they understood it better. In the afternoon my parents and brother and his family came over for dinner. It was fun. I was a little ornery all day though as I felt that every thing I did to try to keep the house clean was always messed up by someone! You know--the house going from clean to dirty in like 10 seconds.
This morning Kari and I went walking. I have been so tired lately, so getting up has been killer! When I got home, I sat on the couch and feel asleep. Of course it only last a few minutes as I had to get up and help with getting ready for school. But I felt SOOO tired all morning. Ugh. This morning, I convinced my mom to come to the fabric store with me to look for fabric for a baby shower I have coming up. First we went to The Bernina Connection where I bought three different fabrics. I also found some totally cute fabric for the nursery! Ellie and Hattie had a great time looking at all the cute fabrics. In fact, Hattie walked around and pointed at fabric and said, "So cute. So cute." It was funny. On the way home we stopped at 35th Ave. Sew and Vac where they had even more cute fabric. On my way out, I asked about them repairing my sewing machine. We were telling them it was mechanical and a Brother machine. Right after that, Hattie lifted up her shirt, pointed at her tummy and said, "Brother, brother." At first I was like, Huh? Then I realized she was saying she had a brother in her tummy. It was SO funny. Before we knew what we were having I would ask her if I had a brother or sister in my tummy. I guess I know what she wanted! We stopped at one more fabric store on the way home just to see their selection. We were hoping they had the lines we wanted since all their fabric is $6.95 a yard, but they didn't. I will be taking my machine there to be fixed though as they have a much better price than the other place.
After dropping my mom off, we went home and filled the time until going to get the kids from school. This afternoon went really well, which was so nice. Hattie took a nap and the other girls were just really good. Libby was especially good--just no tantrums or making someone upset or getting upset with someone. I even had time to start the baby shower gift. And I even made dinner. I was bemusing with Kari the other day while walking that I need some new recipes that that I feel like I make the same things over and over and over again. So last week I cleaned out my recipe section above my microwave and found a few new recipes that I wanted to try. So tonight was a Kraft recipe for One-Pan Taco Beef and Noodle Skillet. It was a thumbs up from everyone. I wouldn't necessarily invite special guests over who are expecting a gourmet dinner, but for a regular family dinner, it was great and very easy/quick.
Last night we went to the school to see my nieces choir concert. It was a "stroll down Broadway." We enjoyed the songs and had a fun time. After we went to Jared and Chrystalyn's for treats.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment