Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Survived

After being gone at scout camp since early Monday morning, Brian finally got home late Friday night!! I was expecting him early Saturday afternoon, but he surprised me and got home Friday night. I was working on my lesson for Sunday, and I got a text from him that said, "Come open the front door." I was like what?!?! It was a great surprise.

Friday morning we got ready and I stopped at my mom's to pick up a couple things. We hung out there for a bit, then we went and picked up Eliza and Libby from their sleepover. They had fun doing make up and nails and going to breakfast. From there, we went to Karolyn's for a little swim get-together with a few other moms and kids. We had a great time visiting and the kids had a blast swimming. We came home and the afternoon was a little rough. I think we were all worn out from the week. But we made it through and everyone got to bed.

Today the girls were excited (and surprised) to see Brian. Today I had a baby shower to go to and Eliza had a birthday party. Brian and I got to go out tonight. We got a sitter and we went to dinner at Claim Jumper. I had gotten a gift card for my birthday, so we used that. The food was so good! Then we just did a couple of errands...Target, Wal-Mart and Bashas for milk. I am SOOO glad this week is over! I have dreaded it for a while, but happily it did go well and the girl did great overall.

Brian had a fun time. The first two days were spent with the 12 & 13 year olds, then the 14-18 year olds came for their "high adventure" activity. Basically they hiked 16 miles over various terrains over three days. They had coordinates that they had to figure out and get to their destination. Brian said they were up and down ravines and big inclines and such. He said it was hard but fun and pretty.




No comments: