




Since today was the first true week of summer, I started little lists for the girls each day. It has their daily tasks on it along with their chores for the day. I also put our schedule for the day and what they need to do during quiet time during Hattie's naps, etc (reading, worksheet, etc.). They (especially Libby) seem to like the structure and it has worked well so far. Today for Memorial Day, we decided to go to the National Memorial Cemetery to put flowers at Grandma Doris' grave. My parents came and picked us up and we went to Michaels to pick out some flowers. It took a while for them to each pick out something just right. We headed over to the cemetery and it was quite backed up to get in, but once we were in, it was fine. We found her headstone and the girls put their flowers in the vases they have there. We noticed her headstone was really dirty, so my dad got some water and paper towels from their car and they went to work washing it and making it shine. They admired their work and then looked around at the other headstones. It was a nice time. On the way home we stopped at Chick Fil A for lunch and also the 99cent store to get something for Libby as a reward for going to bed well for a certain number of days.
In the afternoon we went to Brian's parents' for swimming and BBQ. The water wasn't quite as cold as I had expected, so I was glad about that. Hattie had fun in a little ring I got her at the dollar store. Dinner was good, then the kids played a while before we headed home.


1 comment:
Wow, that picture of the girls cleaning the headstone is really touching. What care they took; it looks beautiful. A great lesson in respecting and honoring those who have passed.
I love checking your blog; always something to read! You have such a beautiful, happy family! Thanks for the example you (continue to) set for me.
Post a Comment