Monday, May 18, 2009

"Nesting"

Today I was in the cleaning and purging mood. Brian told Eliza the official word for it is "nesting." True. But I spent all morning cleaning out a hall closet and my bathroom linen closet. I went through blankets and sheets and pillowcases and organized and labeled. It looks so much better.

Then I moved on to my linen closet. It took a while but feels great to have it done! I also did the drawers in my bathroom and under the sink cabinets.

It didn't end there. After I picked up my girls from school, Libby helped me clean the playroom. We had one bag of throw away and one bag for DI. We put all the baby toys where the nursery will be and everything else is in the playroom. In Hattie's room we had a hutch type thing that is in two pieces. We moved the bottom piece (actually Brian had a neighbor come help) to the wall right when you walk in the front door. I've been wanting something there for the longest time, so this will work for a while. I just have to decorate the top now. It was a productive day. Terri invited us over for an impromptu lunch. It was fun to visit and let the kids play. Makenzie was there and is getting around very well and chatted my ears off! It was great to see that though and to see her doing well.

Here are some pictures from the past week.
From soccer on Saturday:


From our 4-wheel drive:

Eliza and Libby's teacher gifts for this year. I got a zipper bag from Karlee , and we filled it fun things...hand sanitizer, lip gloss, gum, tissues, chocolates and a gift card.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Would you come nest at my house? The reason things don't get done around here is that I haven't had that "nesting" urge since I was expecting you!