Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Kraft Dinner

Today was my nephew, Luke's, baby blessing. After church we all went over to my brother and sister-in-law's house for lunch. It was a yummy lunch: lunch meat sandwiches, salads, fruit and dip, chips, and dessert. The funny part is that four of the things we ate tonight were from the new Kraft Foods magazine. If you don't get it, you need to sign up. It's free and every quarter, you receive a magazine full of great/easy recipes. There is also a picture for every recipe which is a must! For the meal, my mom made Mediterranean Marinated Vegetable Salad--it was very, very good. Totally fresh and tasty. She also made Margarita Dip (another cool, fresh fruit dip--yum!) and another corn dish/side, but I can't seem to find it online. But it was yummy, too.
For dessert I made the Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake. It was so simple to do and everyone seemed to like it. It thought it was really delicious. But I'm not hard to please when it comes to desserts. So thanks, Kraft for helping make our dinner so yummy!

Church went well today. I survived my two lessons. I loved teaching the one in Young Women's. It was about journals. I could have talked for hours on that topic. I love it. I hope they got excited to keep a journal.

Here's to a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner was yummy. The corn salad was from MarthaStewart.com. It's called Corn and Scallion salad. I'd substitute either cilantro or basil for the tarragon, though.
You didn't scan any of the girls' pictures today.....