Monday, May 21, 2007

Preschool Picnic


This morning was Eliza's picnic for her last day of preschool. Everyone shared snacks and played on the play set at the park. The kids in her class sang "A is for Adorable," then Miss Laura gave each child a frame with their hand print, a couple pictures and one of their drawings. It was darling!

This afternoon my friend Karolyn came and got Eliza and Libby for a playdate. They seemed to have a fun time playing with their new friend. It was so nice of her to do that today. She just moved here and probably has a million things to do, but instead she let them come play. It also gave me a chance to get some work done. Thanks Karolyn!!!

Tonight for family home evening, I did a lesson about making decisions before we are faced with them. I was a little nervous because I thought it might be a more difficult concept to grasp, but I think they got it--especially Eliza. We went over a few scenarios and what they would do/say so they wouldn't have to decide then what they would choose. After I was done, Eliza said, "That's great mom. How do you know all that?" It was funny. After that we headed over to the resort and Brian, Eliza, Libby and Ellie swam. I stayed dry with Hattie. Ellie wasn't too sure at first, but then she seemed to like it pretty well.



No comments: