Friday we hung out at home most of the day. Ellie acted sick in the morning, but has turned out to be fine, thank goodness. In the afternoon we played out front for a bit. It was nice when it was overcast. The neighbors had some rock delivered for their yard, so the dad told my girls to play in it. LOL. Who knew it could be so fun (and messy). They loved it. That evening my cousin babysat and Brian and I went out. We hit Chili's in Trimonto for dinner with a gift certificate we had gotten because of some poor service a few weeks before. Then we went up to the outlets. Brian had a gift card at Nike since Christmas, and we finally went and he got some much needed basketball shoes. We also hit Naartjie and I bought two darling little outfits.
This morning Eliza had a soccer game. They lost 1-0 again, but her team played great. Eliza did really well, too, and was more aggressive (in a good way) than I have seen her play. We came home and Brian helped the neighbor lay sod in his yard and the girls and I hung out inside and out. My neighbor came over and we chatted for a minute. I told her I was expecting and a girl. She was like, "Erin--I think you need to stop having kids! (I think half joking, half not.)" Then she asked, "How are you going to take care of another one?" I said, "Just like this!" (As both Ellie and Hattie were on my lap. She said, "But they grow up!" They have one child--who is almost ready to graduate. I was a little self-conscious about it, but figured, well, I guess some people just don't want to have lots of kids! I can't worry about it.
This afternoon and evening, I assisted my cousin's wife photographing a wedding. We started with the bride getting ready, then we took pictures of the groomsmen, then the bride and her bridesmaids, etc. That was all at the Point Squaw Peak. From there we jaunted over to Aunt Chilada's for the actual ceremony and reception. I was just her backup photographer, so I didn't feel all the pressure. It was just fun to stand back and get what shots I could get. I'll have to see if any turned out good enough to post! It was good experience though and I had a good time. It sure was interesting with that wedding party. When we got to the bride's suite, she and some other bridesmaids were already drinking. It didn't end--in fact, right after the ceremony a several of the wedding party were pretty hammered. I just sat back and wondered why!?! Just makes you grateful for my own values and friends and family.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
oh my gosh! some people. I just dont get it how they have the nerve. i would never say something like that to someone. you are you an awesome mom. Yes, go for one more! :)
Post a Comment