Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sat & Sun

On Saturday morning, Brian had a last minute meeting to go over scout camp stuff. When he got home we at lunch and went to DI to drop several bags off from my nesting last week. We also stopped in to look around. It's always fun to see what "treasures" you can find. Brian found a new Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit game for $3. That was our only find. Too bad I'll never be able to play it with him since I wouldn't know ANY answers. We came home and let the girls play in the sprinklers for a bit. I made the vanilla coated popcorn for my Sunday school lesson. In the evening, my parents came over with pizza and we enjoyed dinner and playing.

Today was church. Sacrament was good--Brian and I said the prayers. A couple who just got back from their mission spoke. They said because of the economy senior couple missionaries going out is down 1/3. Their mission hasn't replaced them since they left. In Sunday School my lesson was about tithing. We talked about various aspects and shared experiences, but at the beginning, I gave each one a little bag with several kernels of popcorn in it and told them I hoped that would tide them over. Well at the end, I gave them a chance to give me the kernels and I gave them a bag of the coated popcorn to show that when we give the Lord a full tithe, we get back so much more than we started with. I think they enjoyed that. In Relief Society we had a great lesson from Elder Perry's talk about simplifying.

After church we had lunch, Brian went home teaching, our home teachers came over, we played games, I fell asleep, etc. For dinner we had spaghetti and brownies and ice cream for dessert. After dinner, Eliza put on Mary Poppins. I had to get after my girls to just sit down and watch. I don't know what it is about them! They won't sit and watch a movie (maybe the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! LOL). But sometimes when we put a movie on, it would be nice for them to sit still and watch. Last night when my parents were over, they brought The Tale of Despereaux and not more than two minutes into it, they were running around and playing crazy! Argh....so tonight I got after them and they did sit still a little better. Little by little... Overall it was a good day.

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Mike can play Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit with Brian. We played before with a friend of ours and he knows those books EXTREMELY well.

Anonymous said...

I think you should bring to the next game night. Although I suppose we girls would have to amuse ourselves.:)